Monthly Archives: May 2010

AMBER ROSE GETS PLUMP…GOT MILK?

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. I SEE WHY KANYE WENT CRAZY.

GARY COLEMAN DEAD AT 42

SOURCE :
Gary Coleman, best known for his portrayal of the lovable, wisecracking Arnold Jackson on Diff’rent Strokes, died today in a Utah hospital. The 42-year-old actor suffered an intracranial hemorrhage after falling at his Santaquin, Utah, home on Wednesday, and slipped into a coma on Thursday.

The Illinois-born Coleman, who suffered from a kidney disease that stunted his growth and required him to undergo two transplant operations, found fame early in life, guest starring on The Jeffersons and Good Times before scoring a starring role in 1978 at the age of 10 on the NBC sitcom Diff’rent Strokes as one of two adopted sons of a rich widower. Coleman delighted audiences with his vibrant, seasoned performance, and “Whatchoo talkin’ about, Willis?”—his rapid-fire exclamation of disbelief uttered to his on-screen brother (Todd Bridges)—became one of TV’s most memorable catchphrases. During Diff’rent Strokes eight-season run, Coleman starred in feature films such as 1981’s On the Right Track and 1982’s Jimmy The Kid, as well as TV movies like 1982’s The Kid with the Broken Halo, which served as the basis for the 1982 NBC animated series The Gary Coleman Show. In the 1990s and 2000s, he popped up on a number of TV shows, including The Ben Stiller Show, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Simpsons, The Drew Carey Show, and Son of the Beach. Coleman—who also ran for governor during California’s recall election in 2003, finishing in eighth place—most recently starred in the 2009 mockumentary Midgets Vs. Mascots.

Coleman had been plagued with financial issues (he filed for bankruptcy in 1999) as well as legal ones in later years, including citations for disorderly conduct following incidents with his wife, Shannon Price, whom he met on the set of the 2006 movie Church Ball. In January, after pleading guilty to misdemeanor criminal mischief, he was ordered to pay a fine and attend a domestic violence class. Coleman had been struggling with his health as well, suffering two seizures in 2010; one of them of occurred on the set of The Insider in February. Coleman is survived by his wife, Shannon.

TRACKLIST TO THE NEW EMINEM ALBUM "RECOVERY", DROPS JUNE 22ND

 
1. Cold Wind Blows
2. Talkin’ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe
3. On Fire
4. Won’t Back Down Feat. Pink
5. W.T.P.
6. Going Through Changes
7. Not Afraid
8. Seduction
9. No Love Feat. Lil Wayne
10. Space Bound
11. Cinderella Man
12. 25 to Life
13. So Bad
14. Almost Famous
15. Love the Way You Lie Feat. Rihanna
16. You’re Never Over

SEDUCTIVE SATURDAY’S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND PARTY – ISLAND LOUNGE @ ITALIAN BUFFET

Cat Waters Promotions & DJ Tiger present the jump off to your Memorial day weekend!!!
Come thru and party with us all night long starting @ 11pm, free buffet all night & drink special ,
only $10 admission, come dressed proper, this is a clean and mature event, no hats! no white tees!
for more info hit me up on Facebook : DJAYTIGER
SEDUCTIVE SATURDAYS
MAY 29TH 2010
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND PARTY
ISLAND LOUNGE @ ITALIAN BUFFET
160 ADAMS AVE, HAUPPAUGE NY 
631.434.1981

DAY 3 UPDATE ON KINGSTON JAMAICA….

The death toll from fierce street battles in downtown West Kingston has risen to 44 and is expected to climb further as Jamaican security forces continue efforts to flush out the alleged drugs baron Christopher “Dudus” Coke. The latest figures were released after a team led by the public defender Earl Witter and including the Jamaican Red Cross visited the Tivoli Gardens district, scene of the worst fighting.

Witter told local media: “The police, I gather, have put out a figure of some 26 dead so far. Our own headcount supersedes that. In fact we visited the morgue and were told that no fewer than 35 bodies were lodged there, and most of them were males, mainly young adults.” While at the morgue his team was told of another nine bodies being collected, he said. At least 37 people are reported to have been injured and the government has appealed for blood donations. In addition 211 people including six women have been detained. The team was sent in by the Jamaican prime minister, Bruce Golding, following claims of abuse by police and soldiers who stormed the Tivoli Gardens ghetto on Monday in search of Coke, 42, wanted on drug and gun-running charges in the US. He is still at large, with unconfirmed reports saying he slipped out of Tivoli Gardens on Monday while Jamaican soldiers were engaged in an intense firefight. Civilians have been the main victims during three days of street battles between security forces and gunmen loyal to Coke, the alleged leader of the notorious Shower Posse gang, who have erected barricades of barbed wire and junked cars.

Soldiers have told local media of five-hour gun battles in the streets.
A state of emergency has been declared in the West Kingston area, said to be Coke’s stronghold and where he is regarded as a benefactor by many people. The intensity of the fighting in the heart of the West Kingston slums, which is Golding’s own constituency, has taken the government by surprise, the prime minister has admitted. More than 2,000 soliders flooded into the neighbourhood after Jamaica agreed to extradite Coke to the US. Residents in the no-go area have complained of grenades being thrown by soldiers and of bodies being burned in the streets. Witter said they had seen no evidence of bodies being burned. Golding told MPs: “The government deeply regrets the loss of lives, especially those of members of the security services and innocent, law-abiding citizens caught in the crossfire. “The security forces were directed to take all practical steps to avoid casualties as much as possible.” The “most thorough investigations” would be undertaken to examine all deaths caused by troops or police, he said. The country’s security forces have a reputation for slipshod investigations and being too quick on the trigger.
Security agents would go after “criminal gunmen in whatever community they may be ensconced”, he said.

Government officials told reporters all the dead civilians in West Kingston were men, but people inside the slums who called local radio stations claimed there had been indiscriminate shooting during the all-out assault by police and soldiers. Gunmen fighting for Coke describe him as a “godfather” figure who helps provide services and protection to the poor West Kingston community. The services and protection are allegedly funded by a criminal empire that seemed untouchable until the US demanded his extradition. Coke, also known as the President, has built a loyal following and turned the neighbourhood into his stronghold. One placard seen at a barricade read: “Jesus died for us. We will die for Dudus.” US authorities claim he has amassed a vast arsenal in his Kingston home turf and has been trafficking cocaine to the streets of New York since the mid-90s, allegedly hiring island women to hide the drugs on themselves on flights to the US. The UK Foreign Office is advising British nationals to avoid the areas of West Kingston – Tivoli and Denham Town in particular – and Mountain View because of “substantial unrest including gunfire”. “There remains an increased risk of further outbreaks of civil disorder and street violence in Kingston and possibly in other urban centres in Jamaica,” says the Foreign Office advice. The Shower Posse, referred to by the FBI as “the most violent and notorious criminal organisation ever in America”, is believed responsible for more than 1,000 deaths in the US and Jamaica during the cocaine wars of the 1980s.  Earning its name from its “showering” of bullets at rivals during gun battles, it operates mainly in Jamaica, the US and Canada. A splinter group called the President Click is known to have operated in the UK – in parts of Brixton in south London known as Little Tivoli. Former Shower Posse leaders include Coke’s father, Lester Coke, who died in a mysterious fire in his prison cell in 1992 while awaiting extradition to the US on drug and murder charges.

SUPER BOWL AT THE JETS/GIANTS STADIUM IN 2014

The NFL has finally warmed up to the cool idea of a New York Super Bowl.
Source : NY Post
 New York was awarded the 2014 Super Bowl today as NFL owners gave Miami and Tampa the cold shoulder in favor of the historic bid. The $1.6 billion, open-air New Meadowlands Stadium will host the game in February, when temperatures are usually around 30 degrees. The Giants and Jets co-sponsored the bid that appeared so unlikely that even they officially dubbed it, “Make Some History.” In the end, the bid did make history — beating out previous Big Game-hosts Miami and Tampa for the right to host Super Bowl XLVIII. When presenting their Super Bowl bid two weeks ago, the Giants and Jets played up the chance of snow during the game — saying it would make it unique despite the hardships fans and sponsors already paying $1,000 face value for a ticket would have to endure. Cold weather is not a Super Bowl novelty. In 1972, when the Dallas Cowboys beat the Miami Dolphins at Super Bowl VI at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans, the temperature was 39 degrees in what turned out to be the coldest Big Game ever. The game eventually prompted the league to create a policy mandating that the Super Bowl could not be played in temperatures below 50 degrees. The requirement was waived for the Giants’ and Jets’ bid. The New Meadowlands Stadium — the third-largest stadium in the NFL behind those of the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins — has a capacity of 82,500, including more than 200 luxury suites.

Facebook to simplify privacy settings Wednesday after user anger over privacy issues

Source : http://www.computerworld.com/ – One day after Facebook’s CEO admitted that the company had made mistakes with users’ privacy, the social networking site confirmed it will roll out new, simplified privacy controls on Wednesday.

Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes said today that the new privacy tools are designed to make it easier for users to specify who can see their information, as well as whether Facebook can share the information with other Web sites.

Noyes wouldn’t give any specifics on the tools being unveiled.
In a column published Monday in the Washington Post, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company has made mistakes in its continuing push to further enable social connections, and that Facebook hoped to soon introduce new, easier-to-use privacy settings to help users make sure their personal information isn’t shared with third-party Web sites.
“Our intention was to give you lots of granular controls; but that may not have been what many of you wanted,” Zuckerberg wrote. “We just missed the mark. In the coming weeks, we will add privacy controls that are much simpler to use. We will also give you an easy way to turn off all third-party services. We are working hard to make these changes available as soon as possible.” In the past month, there has been growing user unrest and anger that Facebook is playing too fast and loose with information about its users. Users also have been frustrated over what they call complicated and confusing privacy controls that they need to navigate to protect their personal data. In April, Facebook unveiled a bevy of tools aimed at extending its reach by letting user information be shared with other Web sites. That move caused an uprising among users and prompted U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) to write an open letter urging the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to set up privacy guidelines for all social networking sites, including Facebook and rivals Twitter and MySpace.
That led to a meeting between Facebook executives and members of Schumer’s staff.